Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Got a

B+ for my second essay today. Plus a comment in Arabic (the lecturer's first language) and much underlining. I'm going to emial him to ask for translations. Very pleased though. The library staff asked me if I want to do a PhD, and I replied that I do, but I'm not sure if people who get B's do PhD's . Talked about some stuff with my other lecturer about problems that I'm seeing with inferring backwards based on textual examples. He hadn't seen them before, so that was interesting. Even more interesting, is what's really going on? Am I desperately trying to fill space by stuffing in a PhD, am I asking for permission? I suspect so. I think there needs to be a degree of authenticity here, that is possibly lacking. For the first time in my life, I dont actually know what I want to do. Maybe I should listen?

No comments: